The Argo Electric Vehicle Company operated in Saginaw, Michigan, from 1912 to 1916. The Argo Electric used a 60 volt system with Westinghousemotors. They claimed to be capable of 20 mph (32 km/h). It had 6 forward and 6 reverse speeds, had 36 x 4 cushion tires and used an 18-inch (460 mm) steering wheel on the left. They were offered in both four- and five-passenger models, with open and closed versions available, and all models used steering wheels. The 110-inch (2,800 mm) wheelbase was the longest of any electric at the time. The Argo Brougham was a 4 passenger car, weighing 3,200 lb (1,500 kg), claimed a range of 75 miles (121 km) per charge using thirty 190 ah, MV Exide batteries.
In 1914, Argo joined with the Broc and Borland electric vehicle companies. In 1916 the Columbia Motors Company purchased the assets of Argo.